At last I feel like perhaps, just perhaps, I have time to read again! So, upon friends’ recommendations, this is my reading list:
- Birdsong – Sebastian Faulks
- The Secret History – Donna Tartt
- House Rules – Jodie Picoult
- The Last Song – Nicholas Sparks
- Minding Frankie – Maeve Binchy
- The Island – Victoria Hislop
- Room – Emma Donoghue
- Cutting For Stone – Abraham Verghese
- Perfume – Patrick Süskind
- The Little House – Virginia Lee Burton
- Tender Morsels – Margo Lanagan
- Ella Minnow Pea – Mark Dunn (I wanted to start with this one because I just love the title!)
- Skippy Dies – Paul Murray
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
I have been to the library (and actually registered and now have a library card. Plus a ‘My First Library Card’ for Little Man).
I am, at the moment, reading Jonathon Ross’s Why Do I Say These Things? (Not on the list, I know. I took it out of the library for LOML but have started reading it myself.)
Next will be Birdsong (also libary so it gets priority).
[I also took out a book on scrapbooking in an attempt to prepare myself for Little Man’s book. Too scared to start it!]
Then, I have borrowed Room and The Island from a friend (thanks, Helen!).
It’s been soooooo long since I read a good book… I’m sure you’ll be hearing from me about my progress through the list. And if you have a favourite or a recommendation to add to my list, please let me know. Comments below…