Yesterday I mentioned some spectacular food that a friend had made. The dessert was particularly awesome, and since dessert in general is my favourite food, that is what I am going to focus on for now.
My friends had recently been to Pizza Hut and shared their Hot Cookie Dough Dessert. And then decided they had to share the cookie dough love by recreating this treat for me. Big smile 🙂
OH. MY. HAT. It was awesome! It is basically a gigantic choc-chip cookie, eaten straight out of the dish. My friend also added marshmallows. A rocky road choc chip cookie piece of gorgeousness.
So I then did my best to recreate the dish myself. And here’s what I found (after googling and taste-testing):
Lizzie’s Cookie Dough Delight – A Dessert For Sharing
If you think the name’s a mouthful, you should actually try eating it.
Ok, that was lame. Sorry. Here goes:
2 and 1/2 cups flour (plain/cake)
1/2 teaspoon bicarb (baking soda)
170g/ 3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
250 – 300g chocolate chips
Marshmallows if you’d like them.
1. Preheat oven to 160 deg C/350 deg F.
2. Stir flour, salt and bicarb together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
4. Stir the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, then add choc chips (and marshmallows).
5. Spread evenly in an oven dish and bake for 10-15 minutes. The top should be golden, but adjust cooking time to your preference when it comes to how soft and doughy it is inside.
Serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
*I used El Cheapo cooking chocolate of all three sorts, broken into pieces, instead of traditional chocolate chips.
*I kept some chocolate aside and melted it down to drizzle over as a sauce once baked.
*I am admitting that actually I used too much chocolate. This is a momentous occasion – I did not think that was possible.
*Eating it straight out of the dish adds to the decadence of the dessert, but feel free to scoop out into bowls before topping with ice cream.